Back again 2021!
This guided ride of Stanmer Park, near Brighton, will show you all the very best this secret haven of singletrack has to offer.
No doubt in your search for riding destinations across the South East you have come across Stanmer Park MTB. This quaint hamlet with its glorious manor house and delightful manicured grounds is surrounded by ancient woodland that is littered with a plethora of serpentine singletrack.
Our long-awaited Stanmer Park MTB guided ride, is all about showing you everything from the Brighton Big-Dog MTB race course to all the hidden and unmarked gems of flowing and twisting trails. Not forgetting the all important mid-ride delicious cake at the tea rooms. We are very lucky that this Stanmer Park MTB is in our local backyard and always amazes visiting riders who want to discover the sweet singletrack, that all this is within the city limits of Brighton.
What to expect!
There will be the fair share of climbs which on the whole are all ride-able, with the right gear and a settled pace to link between the different areas of the park. So it goes without saying that you will need a fair level of personal fitness to enjoy this day out to the full. The more climbing you have in your legs, the more amazing singletrack we can show you. One of the best things about Stanmer Park MTB is the sheer variety of trail. Check out the vital statistics of on the ‘Ride Details’ tab.
PLEASE NOTE: This ride is not suitable for complete novice riders but is perfect for intermediate riders and above. If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
The area and the trails
Set within the grounds of a manor house and the Hamlet of Stanmer, this stunning woodland park along with the beautiful South Downs flanking it to the north, is an amazing place to visit. Couple this location with the mountain biking trails of every ilk, it’s guaranteed you will wished you discovered this sooner. There is everything from the famous tight and twisting classic 90’s singletrack to the fast and flowing, featured filled trails that litter every side of the park. We hope you like roots, chalk and flint? It’s a real mix at Stanmer, but during the summer months, the grip, the speed and the fun-factor could not be higher.
Shredding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident to maximise your enjoyment during your Stanmer Park MTB ride with us. Combine this super fun and relaxed atmosphere with our expert knowledge and professionalism we will guarantee you the best day out on your bike to discover the trails of the South Downs National Park.
MTB bike hire
Visiting family and friends without your bike? Or simply you want to give this ride a go, but do not own a mountain bike? Then we can arrange a day hires through our local partners Chalk Pit Trails and or Hassocks Community Cycle Hire.
- You will be at least an intermediate mountain biker
- You will be confident in mountain bike handling skills on red graded trails and profficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots, small to long rollable drop-offs and loose rocks. All of which are rollable
- Certain trails will be steep in places which will require confident bike-handling skills
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- The ride does contain many undulating and moderately steep long climbs
- You have the personal fitness to ride for at least 3-5 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options.
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance