Surrey Hills Singletrack Adventure
Our original and famous Surrey Hills ride that takes in all the classic trails and more. The perfect introduction to MTB life on this area of outstanding natural beauty, all within an hour of London and the south coast.
What to expect!
Beware this ride is a challenge! You will need to have a good level of fitness to be able to enjoy every inch of the sublime trails. The Surrey Hills experience would not be complete without a mid-ride stop at the awesome Peaslake Village Stores for a famous cheese-straw or slice of cake and the traditional post-ride drink at the Royal Oak in Holmbury.
PLEASE NOTE: This ride is not suitable for beginners who are not proficient at technical singletrack. If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
The area and the trails
The lush woodland that smothers these green sandstone hills is festooned with ancient bridleways and trails that have become synonymous with the Surrey Hills. This ride will perfectly link together Leith Hill Tower, Holmbury Hill and Pitch Hill with the classics such as Summer Lightning, Barry Knows Best and many many more.
Shredding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident to maximise your enjoyment. Combine this super fun and relaxed atmosphere with our expert knowledge and professionalism we will gaurantee you the best day out on your bike to discover the trails of the Surrey Hills.
- You will be at least an intermediate mountain biker
- You will be confident in mountain bike handling skills on red graded trails and profficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots, small to long rollable drop-offs and loose rocks. All of which are rollable
- Certain trails will be steep in places which will require confident bike-handling skills
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- The ride does contain many undulating and moderately steep long climbs
- You have the personal fitness to ride for at least 3-5 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance