Surrey Hills Singletrack Adventure
From £58.00 inc. VAT
Location: Surrey Hills
Duration: 3-4 hours
Electric mountain bike
19 mi | 31 km
2,400 ft | 730 m
Surrey Hills Singletrack Adventure
From £58.00 inc. VAT
Our famous, original Surrey Hills ride – taking in all the classic trails and more. The perfect introduction to mountain biking in this National Landscape, all within an hour of London and the south coast.
If you need to hire a bike, check availability first using the bike hire selector below.
The benchmark for guided rides on the Surrey Hills is our famous and classic ‘Singletrack Adventure’. Now running for its seventh year in a row, this ride proves to be as popular as ever, with many riders coming back over and over again. What really sets this apart from other guided rides on the Surrey Hills is the sociable fun of a Marmalade MTB ride. Join us as we introduce you to the best trails of the Surrey Hills – injecting loads of fast flowing singletrack into your woodland experience.
What to expect
You’ll need to have a reasonable level of fitness to be able to enjoy this day out. This ride is suited for regular mountain bikers and advanced beginners looking to discover the blue-graded trails that criss-cross this famous mountain biking area. The riding is a mixture of cross-country on doubletrack bridleways and lots of super fun twisty singletrack. The terrain and trails we will use are not very technical, but they will provide an exciting mixture for all levels.
The Surrey Hills experience would not be complete without a mid-ride stop at the awesome Peaslake Village Stores for a famous cheese straw or a slice of cake – and the option of a post-ride drink or lunch at the Royal Oak.
If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
The area and the trails
The lush woodland that smothers these green sandstone hills is festooned with ancient bridleways and trails. This ride will perfectly link together the best intermediate flowy trails of Holmbury Hill and Pitch Hill. We will introduce you to classic trails such as Telegraph Row, Barry Knows Best, John the Baptist, Supernova and Yoghurt Pots – and many many more.
Riding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident. Combine this fun and relaxed atmosphere with Marmalade’s expert knowledge and professionalism, and we will guarantee you the best day out discovering the trails of the Surrey Hills.
Friends of the Hurtwood
This private area of Surrey is a special place, protected by the guardianship of a registered charity. Away from the public rights of way there is a vast network of unmarked mountain bike trails on private land. Through responsible and professional mountain bike leadership and coaching we are proud to be a supporting partner of Friends of the Hurtwood, with full permission to operate here.
E-bikes or manual mountain bikes are all welcome, whether you bring your own or hire from our friends at The Riders Hub.
This route is a traditional mountain bike ride. There will be fun bumpy descents, rooty forest trails and wide-open double tracks. So a hardtail or short travel full suspension mountain bike would be perfect. Big travel bikes are welcome – just be prepared for some extra effort.
This ride can be enjoyed on a conventional or electric mountain bike. If this ride is right for your level of experience and fitness, then bring your choice of machine. Marmalade rides have a friendly welcoming atmosphere, and e-bike riders who find themselves first up the hill are always patient and understanding of those relying on human-power alone.
Ensure your bike of choice is maintained and ready to ride, and please pack a spare mech hanger with your usual trail pack spares.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Distance: 19 mi | 31 km
- Ascent: 2,400 ft | 730 m
- Level: +Advanced Beginner
(If you have any questions about your level, just contact us)
- Meet time: 8.30am │ 9.00 am on bikes
- Meet point: Royal Oak, Holmbury St Mary
What do I need?
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order (bikes can be hired in advance)
- Helmet (in good condition, with no damage)
- Clothing and shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
- Glasses, sunglasses or eyeshields
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
What’s not included
- Bike hire – this can be booked via the ‘Bike Hire‘ section
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Personal travel or accident Insurance
Is this for me?
- This ride is aimed at the regular beginner mountain biker looking for a sociable and fun group ride
- To take part, you’ll need to be an active person who has the personal fitness to ride for at least 3 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You will be confident in mountain bike handling skills on blue graded trails and profficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails include features such as roots and loose rocks, along with small rollable steps – all of which can be easily ridden or avoided
- This ride may contain undulating trails – and in places, climbs that may be challenging
- This ride requires a suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable)
- See the ‘Bike Hire‘ section below if you need to hire a bike
- Riders should be aged 18 and over
- If this ride sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us and we’ll help you look at other options
Private experience (extra information)
Booking the Singletrack Adventure as a private ride
The Singletrack Adventure can be enjoyed privately, with a base price of £180 for one to four people. Add more riders for a group of five to eight using the ‘Extras’ drop down menu.
If you want a completely bespoke guided ride, then choose the ‘Custom Half or Full Day’ option from the ‘Experiences’ drop down menu.
Still not sure what experience is for you or have a question? Then please send Sean an email or call him on +44 (0)7840 724611.
Need to hire a bike? Then after you have booked your private ride, scroll down or click here to reserve your bike(s).
Meet point: Once you have booked, we can decide on the best location to start your ride. This will depend on whether you’re staying locally and whether or not you require bike hire. If required we can bring the bikes to you.
If you want to discuss this before you book then please send Sean an email or call him on +44 (0)7840 724611.
(All prices include VAT)
Bike hire (extra information)
How to book your bike:
- From the system below select the dates to match the ride you have booked with us
- Select the full day option
- Select normal mountain bike or electric mountain bike
- Choose the size of bike, based on your height
- Go to checkout and complete the bike hire reservation for each rider
These fantastic bikes, and this booking system, are provided by our friends at The Riders Hub. If you have any questions or problems around booking your bike, just contact the Riders Hub team and they’ll help.
Choose your option
Choose your option