Surrey Hills Trailblazer
From £48.00 inc. VAT
Launched in 2019, this ride will leave you exhilarated as we blaze across Holmbury and Pitch Hills on the myriad singletrack that smothers these famous forests, less than hour from London.
If you need to hire a bike, check availability first using the bike hire selector below.
Surrey Hills guided rides do not come better than the Trailblazer. Our aim is simple and that is to show you as many trails as you can handle! From the tight and twisting, to the flat out and steep plus all the classics to link it all together! Just like all Marmalade MTB rides, this is no race, no training camp, however, always super sociable with laughs guaranteed! We want to show you everything and therefore, this ride is strictly for intermediate and advanced riders who have a good level of fitness!
It would not be a ride on the Surrey Hills without the traditional stop at the Village Stores for a cheeky cheese-straw or a decadent pork and leek slice. All before we winch back up Holmbury Hill to finish with even more awesome trails and of course the pub!
What to expect!
Beware this ride is a challenge! You will need to have a good level of fitness to be able to enjoy every inch of the sublime trails. The Surrey Hills experience would not be complete without a mid-ride stop at the awesome Peaslake Village Stores for a famous cheese-straw or slice of cake and the traditional post-ride drink at the Royal Oak in Holmbury.
PLEASE NOTE: This ride is not suitable for anyone not proficient at technical singletrack. It is also expected you have a good level of fitness to take on the 900 meters of climbing across approximately 23 miles. If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
The area and the trails
The lush woodland that smothers these green sandstone hills is festooned with ancient bridleways and trails that have become synonymous with our Surrey Hills guided rides. We will shoehorn in close to twenty slices of supreme singletrack across Holmbury Hill and Pitch Hill. This will also include the classics such as Telegraph Row, Barry Knows Best and many many more also included.
Riding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident to maximise your enjoyment. Combine this super fun and relaxed atmosphere with our expert knowledge and professionalism we will gaurantee you the best day out on your bike.
- You will be at least an intermediate mountain biker
- You will be confident in mountain bike handling skills on red graded trails and profficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots, small to long rollable drop-offs and loose rocks. All of which are rollable
- Certain trails will be steep in places which will require confident bike-handling skills
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- The ride does contain many undulating and moderately steep long climbs
- You have the personal fitness to ride for at least 3-5 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance
Booking this ride as a custom experience
Base price of £240 is for one to four people. Add more riders for a group of five to eight using the ‘Extras’ drop down menu.
If you want a completely bespoke guided ride, then choose the ‘Custom Half or Full Day’ option from the ‘Experiences’ drop down menu.
Still not sure what experience is for you or have a question? Then please send Sean an email or call on +44(0)7840724611.
Need to hire a bike? Then after you have booked your guided ride, scroll down or click here to reserve your bike with our friends at Surrey Hills Bike Rental.
Meet point: Once you have booked, we can decide on the best location to start your ride. This will depend on where your accommodation is and whether or not you require bike hire. If required we can bring the bikes to you.
If you want to discuss this before you book then please send Sean an email or call on +44(0)7840724611.
(All prices include VAT)
Bike hire selection
- From the system below choose the date and time to match our guided ride (6 May 2023 & 9 am)
- We recommend the ‘full day’ option for the Trailblazer ride
- Select normal mountain bike or electric mountain bike
- Choose the size of bike, based on your height
- Go to checkout and complete the bike hire reservation
- Book your place on the guided ride from the ‘Group ride dates‘ drop down menu above
The bike hire system below can sometimes have a delay before it has fully loaded. If it fails to show, then visit Surrey Hills Bike Rental direct to reserve your bike. Then return to this page to confirm your place on our guided ride.
(** Marmalade MTB is not responsible for the provision of these bikes. By using the system below you are booking direct with Surrey Hills Bike Rental.)