Ride and Dine for Two on the South Downs
£230.00 – £280.00 inc. VAT
This package experience includes a fully guided ride on the stunning South Downs landscape with one of our professional bike guides – followed by a relaxing gastronomic delight at the Wiston Estate’s Chalk restaurant.
To create your gift voucher, provide the recipient’s name and a personalised message, then simply go to checkout. The voucher will be sent to you by email, for you to forward or to print and give to the lucky recipient.
Select how many people you are buying this gift for from the drop down menu.
Input the recipient’s name and a personalised message, then checkout and the voucher will be sent to you by email, for you to forward on or print and give.
The perfect gift for adventurous foodies!
Nestling in the heart of the South Downs National Park, The Wiston Estate covers 6,000 acres of rolling downland and forest. Under careful stewardship, this ancient land supports wildlife, farming, winemaking and, of course, plenty of enjoyment for walkers and off-road cyclists. The estate’s own ‘Chalk’ restaurant offers a sophisticated venue where you can enjoy seasonal produce and local wines, making it a perfect start and finish point for a private guided off-road ride that explores the best of the South Downs. We can arrange hire of high-quality mountain bikes – either electric or conventional. Meet your Marmalade guide at Chalk, or ask us to arrange transport from a nearby rail station or hotel.
This unique experience includes the following:
- A three hour tailored mountain bike ride of the Wiston Estate with one of our professional and local guides
- An exquisite two-course lunch at the Chalk restaurant. Why not check out their sample menu which celebrates Sussex’s seasonal produce from the heart of the South Downs
What you receive
On purchasing one of our package vouchers, you will receive an automated email with the personalised gift attached. This provides maximum flexibility to suit your needs – whether to forward on to a loved one by email for their special day, or print out and give in person. Take a look at the sample below:
Give now, ride later
When you – or your gift recipient – are ready to choose a date for the experience, riders can simply go to our Ride and Dine product page, pick a date, then add the voucher code. This is also where they can book whichever hire bikes (electric or conventional) are needed.
- Depending on your selection, the voucher covers two, three or four people
- Fully guided by one of our local and professional mountain bike leaders
- Two-course meal at the Chalk restaurant on the Wiston Estate
What’s not included
- Drinks during the meal*
- Additional food courses*
- Bike hire
- This can be added by the recipients when they book and redeem their gift experience via our website, using the ‘Extras’ option
- Travel to and from the experience location
- *paid separately on the day
- The voucher is valid for 6 months from date of purchase
- We do allow the experience to take place after the expiry date providing it is booked before the deadline and is within the same calendar year
- A minimum of ONE weeks notice is required but this cannot be guaranteed during the busiest times (e.g. most summer weekends and public holidays)
- Click on our Terms and Conditions page for full details