Goodwood & Kingley Vale Guided MTB Ride
Join us as we explore the beautiful Goodwood Estate and the ancient Kingley Vale this summer. This is another one of our favourite local loops that made its debut in 2020, in yet another super sociable guided ride on the South Downs.
Once again we bring one of our favourites back for the 2021 schedule of our guided South Downs rides across the South East. In the heartland of the Festival of Speed, Chilgrove Spirits and the postcard perfect villages that nestle in the gorgeous hills north of Chichester, is a vast network of trails, that link all these beautiful places together.
Yet another South Downs classic which this brings together many elements that is so good about this National Park. There’s the chance to race against thorough-bred race horses as we ride parallel to Goodwood, test your climbing prowess on epic climbs before being rewarded with tree-lined descents and views across the Solent.
What to expect!
You will need to have a good level of fitness to be able to enjoy this day out. In true South Downs style the riding is good old-fashion cross-country, with long but rewarding climbs and open epic views. The riding is a mixture of double track bridleways to the super fun and flat out woodland trails of the Goodwood estate, Kingley Vale and Singleton Forest. The terrain is not overly technical, however, it provides an exciting mixture to inject plenty of fun and a sense of challenge for all levels, especially novice mountain bikers.
If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
The area and the trails
This part of the South Downs perfectly combines the ancient lush woodland with the Roman roads of yesteryear, which we will explore via the network of trails that festoon this stunning part of the National Park. The majority of this classic ride handles the variety of weather very well but in places is exposed and therefore we would recommend packing an additional layer and your shades, when the sun is out and gleaming off the Solent and the chalk.
Shredding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident to maximise your enjoyment during our guided South Downs rides. Combine this super fun and relaxed atmosphere with our expert knowledge and professionalism we will guarantee you the best day out on your bike to discover the trails of the South Downs National Park.
MTB bike hire
Visiting family and friends without your bike? Or simply you want to give this ride a go, but do not own a mountain bike? Then we can arrange day hires through our local partners, Chalk Pit Trails and or Hassocks Community Cycle Hire.
- Duration: We have all day, if we need it!
- Distance: 22 miles (approx.)
- Elevation gain: 2,300 ft (approx.)
- Technical Grade: Advanced Novice
(any questions, please contact us)
- Meet time: 9.00 am | 10 am on bikes
- Meet point: The Fox Goes Free
- Group size: 8 (max.)
- Fully guided by a professional MTB leader
- This ride is aimed at almost all levels who like cross-country style mountain biking. We would recommend that you are a minimum of an advanced novice off-road rider and or regular cyclist looking for a challenging, rewarding and sociable guided mountain bike ride
- You are an active person who has the personal fitness to ride for at least 2-4 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You will be confident in basic bike handling skills and proficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots and small loose rocks, along with small rollable slopes. All of which are rollable or can be ridden around
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- Contact Us if you would like to hire a bike
- The ride does contain a limited number of undulating and in places challenging climbs
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options.
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance