Goodwood & Kingley Vale Guided MTB Ride
From £48.00 inc. VAT
Join us as we explore the beautiful Goodwood Estate and the ancient Kingley Vale this summer. This is another one of our favourite local loops that made its debut in 2020, in yet another super sociable guided ride on the South Downs.
Whether as a custom private experience or as part of a Marmalade open group ride, this guided ride combines the best of West Sussex’s countryside with expert support and assistance from an experienced local guide.
If you need to hire a bike, check availability first using the Bike Hire selector below.
Once again we bring one of our favourites back to our schedule of our guided South Downs rides across the South East. In the heartland of the Festival of Speed, Chilgrove Spirits and the postcard perfect villages that nestle in the gorgeous hills north of Chichester, is a vast network of trails, that link all these beautiful places together.
Yet another South Downs classic which this brings together many elements that is so good about this National Park. There’s the chance to race against thorough-bred race horses as we ride parallel to Goodwood, test your climbing prowess on epic climbs before being rewarded with tree-lined descents and views across the Solent.
What to expect!
You will need to have a good level of fitness to be able to enjoy this day out. In true South Downs style the riding is good old-fashion cross-country, with long but rewarding climbs and open epic views. The riding is a mixture of double track bridleways to the super fun and flat out woodland trails of the Goodwood estate, Kingley Vale and Singleton Forest. The terrain is not overly technical, however, it provides an exciting mixture to inject plenty of fun and a sense of challenge for all levels, especially novice mountain bikers.
If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
The area and the trails
This part of the South Downs perfectly combines the ancient lush woodland with the Roman roads of yesteryear, which we will explore via the network of trails that festoon this stunning part of the National Park. The majority of this classic ride handles the variety of weather very well but in places is exposed and therefore we would recommend packing an additional layer and your shades, when the sun is out and gleaming off the Solent and the chalk.
Riding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident to maximise your enjoyment during our guided South Downs rides. Combine this super fun and relaxed atmosphere with our expert knowledge and professionalism we will guarantee you the best day out on your bike to discover the trails of the South Downs National Park.
- Duration: We have all day, if we need it!
- Distance: 22 miles (approx.)
- Elevation gain: 2,300 ft (approx.)
- Technical Grade: Advanced Novice, but an awesome day out for all levels!
(any questions, please contact us)
- Open group meet time: 9.30 am | 10 am on bikes
- Open group ride meet point: The Fox Goes Free
- Private experience meet point: Likely to be Riverside South Downs, Houghton Bridge, West Sussex
(this is the location of the bike hire)
- Open group size: 3-8 (max.)
- Fully guided by a professional MTB leader
- This ride is aimed at almost all levels who like cross-country style mountain biking. We would recommend that you are a minimum of an advanced novice off-road rider and or regular cyclist looking for a challenging, rewarding and sociable guided mountain bike ride
- You are an active person who has the personal fitness to ride for at least 2-4 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You will be confident in basic bike handling skills and proficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots and small loose rocks, along with small rollable slopes. All of which are rollable or can be ridden around
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- Click here if you would like to hire a bike
- The ride does contain a limited number of undulating and in places challenging climbs
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options.
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance
Booking this ride as a custom experience
Base price of £180 is for one to four people. Add more riders for a group of five to eight using the ‘Extras’ drop down menu.
If you want a completely bespoke guided ride, then choose the ‘Custom Half or Full Day’ option from the ‘Experiences’ drop down menu.
Still not sure what experience is for you or have a question? Then please send Sean an email here.
Need to hire a bike? Then after you have booked your guided ride, scroll down or click here to reserve your bike with our friends at Riverside South Downs.
(All prices include VAT)
Bike hire selection
- From the system below choose the date to match our open group or your custom ride
- We recommend the full day hire option as a minimum
- Select normal mountain bike or electric mountain bike
- Choose the size of bike, based on your height
- Go to checkout and complete the bike hire reservation
- Book your place on the open group ride from the ‘Group ride dates‘ drop down menu above
The bike hire system below can sometimes have a delay before it has fully loaded. If it fails to show, then visit Riverside South Downs direct to reserve your bike. Then return to this page to confirm your place on our guided ride.
(** Marmalade MTB is not responsible for the provision of these bikes. By using the system below you are booking direct with Riverside South Downs)