New for 2019!
So if you want another excuse to fill your boots with South Downs singletrack, then this monthly mtb ride is for you!
This compact woodland hosted it’s fair share of MTB racing back in the 90’s which ensures a real sense of legacy when you hurtling through the trees taking in all the old skool features and flow. However, the trail pixies have been busy and we will show you the newest seams of singletrack which will whip you around Whiteways. All before the traditional Marmalade MTB post-shred pint and pub lunch in the 800 year old George and Dragon in Houghton.
What to expect!
PLEASE NOTE: Although the trails in this forest are not the most technically demanding, you will be required to have a good level of bike handling skills and familiar with singletrack riding. If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
The area and the trails
This ride is all about showing you the best hidden singletrack of this small forest situated just north of Arundel. They range from the tight and twisting to the flat out and flowing with the odd bomb-hole or two thrown in for good measure. Our goal here is to use our knowledge of the fire roads and bridleways to knit all these trails together to make it one of the best South Downs guided rides on offer.
Shredding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident to maximise your enjoyment. Combine this super fun and relaxed atmosphere with our expert knowledge and professionalism we will guarantee you the best day out on your bike.
- You will be at least an intermediate mountain biker
- You will be confident in mountain bike handling skills on red graded trails and profficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots, small to long rollable drop-offs and loose rocks. All of which are rollable
- Certain trails will be steep in places which will require confident bike-handling skills
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- The ride does contain many undulating and moderately steep long climbs
- You have the personal fitness to ride for at least 3-5 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options.
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance