Our third NEW ride for 2019, as we continue to deliver the very best of South Downs singletrack. We strip back the cross-country pedalling and the scenery and keep you immersed in the ancient forest of Houghton or Whiteways, as it is known locally.
This compact woodland hosted it’s fair share of MTB racing back in the 90’s which ensures a real sense of legacy when you hurtling through the trees taking in all the old skool features and flow. However, the trail pixies have been busy and we will show you the newest seams of singletrack which will whip you around Whiteways. All before the traditional Marmalade MTB post-shred pint and pub lunch in the 800 year old George and Dragon in Houghton.
What do I need?
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance