Intro to Mountain Biking at Stanmer Park, Brighton
£45.00 inc. VAT
Join us for our popular guided ride that will introduce the novice or casual cyclist to the awesome South Downs mountain biking on the city limits of Brighton.
Back for it’s third year is our introduction to mountain biking for beginners on the edge of Brighton. This is perfect for the casual cyclist or budding mountain biker who lives in the surrounding area and is looking to start their off-road cycling journey on the South Downs. During the 12 mile ride we will share our expertise and knowledge. This will include stops in suitable places to share tips and advice on core bike handling techniques.
Our professional MTB leaders will provide a super relaxed and sociable day that will start in the beautiful Stanmer Park. After the relaxed briefing, we will head off and explore the bridleways that traverse across this stunning park on the edge of Brighton, before taking you out onto the South Downs National Park for breathtaking views.
What to expect!
You will need to have a good level of fitness to be able to enjoy this day out. So although this is an intro to MTB, it is suited for active people who are looking to try off-road cycling under the expert leadership of a professional guide. The riding is mainly on cross-country double track and open downland. The terrain is not overly technical, however, it provides an exciting mixture to inject plenty of fun and a sense of challenge for all levels, especially novice mountain bikers.
If you are still not sure whether this ride is for you, then please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.
The area and the trails
Set within the grounds of a manor house and the Hamlet of Stanmer, this stunning woodland park along with the beautiful South Downs flanking it to the north, is an amazing place to visit.
Shredding with Marmalade
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect vibe that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident to maximise your enjoyment during your ride with us. Combine this super fun and relaxed atmosphere with our expert knowledge and professionalism we will guarantee you the best day out on your bike to discover the trails of the South Downs National Park.
MTB bike hire
Visiting family and friends without your bike? Or simply you want to give this ride a go, but do not own a mountain bike? Then we can arrange day hires through our local partners, at Hassocks Community Cycle Hire.
- Duration: We have all day, if we need it!
- Distance: 12-15 miles (approx.)
- Elevation gain: 1,500 ft (approx.)
- Technical Grade: Novice
(any questions, please contact us)
- Meet time: 9.00 am | 9.30 am on bikes
- Meet point: Stanmer Park
- Group size: 8 (max.)
- Fully guided by a professional MTB leader
- This ride is aimed at the novice off-road cyclist and the regular beginner mountain biker looking for a sociable and informative guided ride
- You are an active person who has the personal fitness to ride for at least 2-3 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You will be confident in basic bike handling skills and proficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots and loose rocks, along with small rollable drop-offs. All of which are rollable or can be ridden around
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- Contact Us if you would like to hire a bike
- The ride does contain a limited number of undulating and in places challenging climbs
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options.
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses**
- Spare inner tube**
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump**
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day*
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort**
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks*
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
** these items are recommended, however are not essential. If you have any doubt please do contact us
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Personal Travel and Accident Insurance