Friston Trail Feast
£30.00 inc. VAT
Brand new for 2019!
Pure flow and fun from the woodland singletrack and bombholes of this South Downs classic.
Why? It’s simple, the woodland here just off the South Downs Way is festooned with classic flowing singletrack that have you grinning from ear to ear. There are huge bomb-holes, tight old-school trails and more flow then you can handle. This really is another reason why the South Downs should not be overlooked.
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Distance: 16-18 miles (approx.)
- Elevation gain: 2400 ft (approx.)
- Technical Grade: Intermediate
(any questions, please contact us)
- Meet time: 9.30 am | 10 am on bikes
- Meet point: Friston Forest
- Group size: 8 (max.)
- You will be at least an intermediate mountain biker
- You will be confident in mountain bike handling skills on red graded trails and profficient with operating your bicycle in the correct manner
- The trails will include features such as roots, small to long rollable drop-offs and loose rocks. All of which are rollable
- Certain trails will be steep in places which will require confident bike-handling skills
- All the trails will have options to ride around features that you do not feel comfortable riding
- You have your own suitable mountain bike (Hybrid and budget bicycles are not suitable for this ride)
- The ride does contain many undulating and moderately steep long climbs
- You have the personal fitness to ride for at least 3-4 hours at a social and comfortable pace
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on this ride
- If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please contact us for other options.
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance