There is no cross-country loop before-hand, this is all about showing you every slither of singletrack, as long as you have the energy in your legs to keep going up, to take on yet another one of the flowing trails that weaves it way through the trees. Friston Forest has long been a local favourite for the past 20 years or so.
Why? It’s simple, the woodland here just off the South Downs Way is festooned with classic flowing singletrack that have you grinning from ear to ear. There are huge bomb-holes, tight old-school trails and more flow then you can handle. This really is another reason why the South Downs should not be overlooked.
What do I need?
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance