Our 2019 series of South Downs monthly guided rides kicks-offs with rolling trails towards panoramic cliff top sea views and undulating climbs before endless descents and weaving woodland singletrack back at Friston Forest. Starting at the far eastern end of the national park with this cracking ride we show off what the South Downs does best!
Who doesn’t like a piece of cake and coffee at the stunning Birling Gap cafe!? This is one of our favourite days out which delivers a superb combination of cross-country biking, trail riding and of course the all important post ride pint in the Plough and Harrow in the quintessential village of Litlington.
What do I need?
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance