Our 2019 series of guided rides on the South Downs would not be complete without our classic and original mountain bike ride that consists of rolling and undulating trails towards panoramic cliff top sea views before endless descents. Starting at the far eastern end of the national park this cracking ride is all about showing-off what the South Downs does best!
This is one of our favourite guided rides on the South Downs and has the perfect recipe for a superb day out. This loop delivers a superb mixture of cross-country cycling with a delicious cake stop at the stunning Birling Gap cafe, all before finishing with the all important post ride pint in the Plough and Harrow in the quintessential village of Litlington.
Not sure if this ride is for you?
Please do send us an email via this link or the form at the bottom of the home page, or call a member of the team on 07840724611.
What do I need?
Equipment, kit and clothing
- Suitable mountain bike in good working order*
- Gloves and glasses
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit and bicycle pump
- Clothing & shoes appropriate for cycling and weather conditions on the day
- Padded cycling shorts for comfort
- Personal choice of drink and ride snacks
* without these you will not be able to take part in the guided ride Our guides carry an extensive kit to assist with trail-side repairs
(IMPORTANT: your helmet must be within the warranty period from the date of manufacture to take part in any of our guided rides. See the warranties table tab. You will be asked to submit this information via our riders consent form).
What’s not included
- Bike hire
- Personal clothing & equipment
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre, during or post activity refreshments
- Transfers to & from location
- Travel/activity Insurance